Welcome to Central Congregational Church!
The mission of Central Congregational Church is to live our faith in Jesus through worship, education, and service.
We are an energized and engaged congregation providing diverse worship opportunities, vibrant multi-generational education, and varied community service that has a positive impact on the world.
Our Commitment as an Open and Affirming Church
We, the congregation of Central Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, declare ourselves to be an Open and Affirming congregation. With the grace of God, we commit ourselves to being a congregation that includes all persons, embracing diversity and not restricting participation because of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical ability, as well as racial, ethnic and socio-economic background.
We welcome all persons, whether members or non-members, to share in the full life and ministry of this church including fellowship, worship, sacraments and ceremonies and celebrations; in the shared responsibilities of stewardship and living in a covenantal relationship; in the shared blessings of the right to marry or celebrate a commitment to a person of one's choosing, in the right to celebrate a loved one's life in a memorial service; and to receive pastoral care.
- People's Climate March on September 21st in New York City. Rev Ney plans to partipate in the march and welcomes anyone who wishes to join.
- UCC supports fast-food protestors around the country calling for a living wage.
- Wisconsin, Indiana same-sex marriage rulings upheld by federal appeals court.
- Churches ready to kick off UCC literacy initiative with One Read.
- Sunday School Parents' Meeting on September 14th at 11:45am in the Grimes Room (after Worship).
- Kelleher Park Playground Ribbon Cutting - September 16th at 6:00 pm. Come celebrate the new playground!
- Adult Christian Education meetings - Every Wednesday at 10:00 am.
- Spirituality Retreat for Women of Central - Adelynrood Conference Center - Byfield, MA - Saturday, November 8th.