Welcome to Central Congregational Church!
The mission of Central Congregational Church is to live our faith in Jesus through worship, education, and service.
We are an energized and engaged congregation providing diverse worship opportunities, vibrant multi-generational education, and varied community service that has a positive impact on the world.
Our Commitment as an Open and Affirming Church
We, the congregation of Central Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, declare ourselves to be an Open and Affirming congregation. With the grace of God, we commit ourselves to being a congregation that includes all persons, embracing diversity and not restricting participation because of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, mental and physical ability, as well as racial, ethnic and socio-economic background.
We welcome all persons, whether members or non-members, to share in the full life and ministry of this church including fellowship, worship, sacraments and ceremonies and celebrations; in the shared responsibilities of stewardship and living in a covenantal relationship; in the shared blessings of the right to marry or celebrate a commitment to a person of one's choosing, in the right to celebrate a loved one's life in a memorial service; and to receive pastoral care.
- UCC delegation heads to Middle East to meet with partners in moment for peace.
- United Church of Christ to receive HRC Torch Award.
- UCC leaders laud award from Clinton foundation to Coalition of Immokalee Workers.
- Thousands from UCC to take to NY streets, part of People's Climate March.
- New Time - Wednesday Morning Adult Ed - September 24th, 9:30 am to 10:30 am.
- Women's Fellowship Tea postponed. We won't be holding the tea on October 4th, stay tuned for details.
- Prayer Workshop on Thursday, October 9th. Call the office to register.
- Spirituality Retreat for Women of Central - Adelynrood Conference Center - Byfield, MA - Saturday, November 8th.